PVA utilizes the latest state-of-the-art microchip accompanied by the BEST pet registration database on the planet! We have used others in the past and we decided to change to Save This Life after a lot of research that this is by far the coolest, safest, and best microchip and microchip company on the mark it that can get your pet back you the fastest and safest.
Before you microchip your pet you need to ask yourself a few questions (our answers for PVA and Save This Life are below):
- Can you Google your pets microchip number?
- Yes, if you have a Save This Life microchip. Just enter the microchip number straight into the Google search engine.
- If your pets microchip is registered with "the other guys" well then this is how it usually works:
- The standard pet recovery systems require the microchip number to be read by a scanner or from an animal identification tag and then called in to one of many microchip databases. A participating company's operator then attempts to connect the pet finder and pet owner by telephone. Obvious problems that arise here are illegible tags, the inability to connect the finder and owner by telephone, the exhausting search through multiple companies' registries to find the correct registry, the inability to find the pet owner in the database because the annual fee is not paid or contact information is not current, among others. It may be a lot longer before your pet get back to you, if at all.
- How much does it cost for the microchip?
Only $31.00 (cha-ching!)
- How to I get one?
- How much is it going to cost me to register my pet? (After all what good is a microchip if we can't trace back that you are the owner?)
- $0.00, there is a two-part registration process. The first part involves us registering your pet's microchip with our practice before you ever leave. The second part of the registration involves you registering using Save This Life's online registration tool.
- How much is it going to cost me to maintain the registration?
- There are no registration fees, no annual fees and no fees to update information or transfer pet owners. Save This Life also sends out free Lost Pet Alerts to the shelters and rescues within a 25 mile radius of where a lost pet was last seen and a Lost Pet Alert Poster to the pet owner.
- How does the microchip and implantation work?
- The microchips themselves are 134.2 kHz ISO compliant readable by all universal scanners.
- Each microchip is embedded in a bio-thermal glass encapsulation and coated with Parylene C (really cool biotechnology) which prevents migration.
- This microchip is smaller than the other ones out there which means a smaller needle which means way less discomfort implanting. (Our implantation needle easily fits completely inside the needle of the other brands of microchip needles.)
- For you "Techies" and "Preppers" this is NOT a GPS device. It will not automatically track you or your pet so the government or a private organization can track your every move. That's what your cell phone and Facebook are for! 😜 GPS devices are available!
- Why does Save This Life microchip come with a polished, heavy duty, metal tag?
- Each Save This Life microchip comes with an aluminum, machine stamped ID tag with search this #(microchip number ex 90016400041142) to find my family," as opposed to a plastic, ink stamped tag or a tag with no microchip number on it, like their competitors.
- Saving money on a plastic tag may mean not saving your pet's life.
- Why is this microchip better than others?
- $1000 of Lost Pet Health Insurance is included with each microchip. Each pet receives coverage for up to $1,000 in emergency care for accidents that may occur while he or she is lost for one year after activation.
- How does Save This Life help me get my pet back faster and safer than the competitors.
- You may enjoy watching the one minute infographic that explains the technology. Seriously, you should watch it.